BSc Speech and Language Therapy (University College Cork, Ireland)
This is a wonderful day. I've never seen this one before.
- Maya Angelou
Yvonne is a calm and encouraging Speech and Language Therapist with a passion for helping children to reach their potential. Yvonne realizes that effective communication is an essential key to forming relationships and accessing the world around us. She believes in empowering parents by giving them practical, take-home advice to maximize therapy effectiveness.
In 2013, Yvonne graduated with an honours degree in Speech and Language Therapy from University College Cork, Ireland. Yvonne’s commitment to continued professional development has resulted in qualifications and certifications in Hanen – More Than Words, Basic Learn to Play, Sensory Processing and Executive Functioning , PROMPT, PECS amongst others.
She has been fortunate to gain valuable experience working in both adult and paediatric settings. Yvonne has the passion and experience in working with children with a range of presentations including; speech and language delay/disorder, social communication difficulties, hearing impairment, Autism, Global Developmental Delay, Cerebral Palsy and intellectual disability.
• ‘The Traffic Jam In My Brain’ – A Sensory Processing Approach To Challenges Associated With Autism, ADHD, Learning and Behavioural Disorders – October 2018
• Hanen ‘More than Words’- September 2018
• ‘From Sensory Processing to Executive Functioning’ by Maude le Roux – June 2018
• ‘Basic Learn to Play workshop’ by Professor Karen Stagnitti – June 2018
• HMDP Visiting Expert in SLT Provision for School Age Children - February 2017
• ‘Moving to Higher Grounds’ - special mentorship program with Kim Barthel - November 2016
• Picture Exchange Communication System - Level 1- November 2016
• Introduction to PROMPT: Technique workshop - November 2015
Who we are
The curriculum is so much necessary raw material,
but warmth is the vital element for the growing plant and for the soul of the child."
- Carl Jung (1875 - 1961)